Seventy Unique Lead Magnet Ideas : RM101 : Week 7
Who wouldn't spend a few hours developing an asset that could generate thousands of dollars in business?
That's the idea behind lead magnets. Regardless of your type of business, they represent a fantastic way to generate inexpensive leads and warm future customers. Lead magnets can be completely free to create, making them more than worth the trouble.
As you read through this post, challenge yourself to identify twenty different lead magnets that you could create for your target demographic. Think about how quickly you could create those magnets and generate a positive ROI in the form of new or retained customers. Just remember that they work in conjunction with effective funnels—they probably won't generate leads on their own.
Without further ado, I present to you this master list of 70 different lead magnet ideas to start building your business.
Educational Lead Magnets
These are simply designed to educate the lead on a certain topic, whether it's in the form of reading, short videos, or even audio clips. Make these easily digestible and informative.
- Your Product Catalog
- Case Study
- Quotes (motivational, influential, inspirational)
- Webinar Recording
- Predictions (for the market)
- Podcasts or Audio Clips
- Free Chapters (of a book, course, or eBook)
- Examples (of successful products/methods/etc.)
- A Course or Class
- Toolkit (list of essential tools)
- Manifestos (of your brand)
- State of the Industry Reports
- PDF Version of Webinar
- Event Recordings
- Powerpoint Presentations or Slide Decks
- Interview Transcripts
- Lists (like this one!)
- Live Event Recaps (compilation of highlights)
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Video Training
- Breakdowns (in-depth topic explanation)
- FAQs (and answers to them)
- Bundles (of multiple things listed above)
Tool Lead Magnets
These are tools which readers can use pragmatically or use as a guide while they work through their own tasks. Make these practical and easy to use so that users might recommend them to friends and colleagues.
- Checklists/Cheat Sheets
- Quizzes (let them learn something about themselves)
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Spreadsheet Templates (save the lead time creating their own Excel sheet)
- Calculators (such as a profit calculator)
- Idea Files (Amazon private-label product ideas)
- Web Apps
- A Calendar
- Swipe Files
- Challenges (for example, a 30-day workout schedule)
- Process Diagrams
- Fast-Start Guides
- VIP App Access
- Comparison Charts
- Work Samples
Offer Lead Magnets
These lead magnets involve giving the lead a paid product (or a portion of a product) for free or at a discount. Think of things that are easy for you to provide, yet make the customer want to come back for more. That's what you want to shine through in this kind of lead magnet. For example, many SaaS platforms offer a "free forever" version with limited features to entice paid users.
- Free Estimates
- Free Consultations
- Facebook Group Membership Access
- Giveaway/Contest Entry
- Free Coaching Sessions
- Free Posters
- Free Facility Tours
- Event Tickets
- Free Samples (get them hooked!)
- Exclusive Deals
- Surveys (let your opinion be heard)
- Free Trials (of a service you offer)
- Live Chat Access
- Resource Library Access
- Free Merchandise
- Notifications (for when you go live on a webinar)
- Certifications (only if they've completed something to earn it)
- Software Demos
- Loyalty Program Access
A Word on Landing Pages
It's worth noting the quality of your lead magnet won't matter if your landing page isn't optimized to convert leads. Leads need to make it far enough through your funnel to download the lead magnet in the first place. Ensure that your landing page is easy to read, compelling, and focused.
Check out this blog post on landing page myths and the truth behind them.
Having said that, presenting customers with low-quality lead magnets could convince them that the rest of your goods or services aren't that great, either. Put enough time into your landing page and lead magnet to ensure that both accurately reflect the premium quality of the goods and services you provide.
See an Example Lead Magnet and Bookmark This Page
I hope this jumpstarted your brainstorming session! Be sure to bookmark this page if you ever need lead magnet ideas in the future. For reference, check out this lead magnet that Honeypot has used recently to promote its Facebook Live series, Live at the Hive.
Help out other readers and comment below if I've missed any good ones!