Grabbing the top position in Google is a world of struggle.
No matter your field of business, you need an advanced tool to monitor your SEO through every step.
This is where SEMRush comes into the picture.
SEMRush is a robust platform that allows you to look into your competitors and help you stay on top of the rankings.
But how exactly can you do that?
Let’s dive into some valuable tricks you can start using today!
1. Finding low competition, high-value queries with the Keyword Magic Tool
- Start with your seed keyword
- Set Match Modifiers
- Filter for Question Words
- Total Volume and Average Difficulty
- Intent (Information, Navigational, Commercial, Transactional)
- Filters (Exact Match / Broad Match)
- Find SERP Features Opportunities
- Related Keywords
- Broaden Scope of Keyword List
- Uncover New Profitable Keyword Ideas for Content
2. Finding your competitors most highly-trafficked pages (and how to identify your opportunities)
- Click Traffic Analytics
- Choose the Top Pages tab
- This feature will show you a list of pages that received the most traffic on a competitor's domain.
3. Using keyword gap to find high-value search queries
- Comparing Your Domain's Keywords to Competitors
- Keyword Type: Organic, Paid, PLA
- Find Top Keyword Opportunities
- Keyword Overlap
- Keyword Table: 5 Main Intersection Types
- Filters: Position, Intent, KD, and Advanced
4. Finding organic search rankings you've lost and how to get them back
- Verify your market’s recent traffic trend and compare it to your website
- Check how many keywords you were ranking for historically
- Audit your content to see if it’s engaging enough
- Analyze the technical health of your website
- Discover new niche competitors you were not aware of
5. Finding your competitors ads and landing pages and how to beat them
- Search your competitors in the dashboard and export their rankings.
- You can see the landing page that it goes to.
- Use the research tab to find out what ads your competitors use.
6. Managing and disavowing toxic backlinks to keep your backlink profile squeaky clean
- Set up weekly reports on new links to quickly spot and remove toxic backlinks.
- Use the Backlink Report Tool to get a list of all of the potentially toxic backlinks.
- Export them to the Backlink Audit Tool’s disavow list.
- Blacklist the specific URLs or the entire domain before exporting into Google’s disavow tool.
Wrapping it up
SEMRush is an all-in-one tool suite for improving online visibility and discovering marketing insights.
Tools and reports to help marketers with:
SEO, PPC, SMM, Keyword Research, Competitive Research, PR, Content Marketing, Marketing Insights, Campaign Management.
We hope you enjoyed knowing about 6 Cool SEMRush “Tricks” To Unlock Your Marketing Potential.
If you’re looking for more great content, check out some of our other reads below: